RE: [Videolib] MPLC

Christine Godin (diractor@yahoo.com)
Thu, 19 Jul 2007 08:41:56 -0700 (PDT)

--0-545911885-1184859716=:61170

Whoa. Something is wrong with this picture. First of all, I can't imagine the cost being that low. And how did you get one through them? ARe you sure it isn't the Movie Licensing arm of Swank you are dealing with? I was told very directly that MPLC does not grant umbrella licenses to colleges.

Christine Godin

"Kazlauskas, Diane" <dkazlaus@unf.edu> wrote:
The University of North Florida has purchased an MPLC license annually
for about 10 years. It's less than $200 yearly and I figure a good
-Good Faith- effort.

DWk

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Linda Duchin
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 5:09 PM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] MPLC

It is my understanding that both MPLC and Movie Licensing USA do NOT
give
blanket licenses to colleges. If anyone knows otherwise, I would be
interested (very) to know.
Linda Duchin
Vice President, Non-theatrical Sales
New Yorker Films
85 Fifth Avenue, 11th Floor
New York, NY 10003
212-645-4600 Ext 211
(Fax) 212-645-3232
Linda.Duchin@NewYorkerFilms.com
www.NewYorkerFilms.com
toll free: 877-247-6200 x211

THE LIVES OF OTHERS* VOLVER* BAMAKO* AN UNREASONABLE MAN* BLACK BOOK*
CURSE
OF THE GOLDEN FLOWER*THE WIND THAT SHAKES THE BARLEY * WHO KILLED THE
ELECTRIC CAR