Re: [Videolib] MPLC

Christine Godin (diractor@yahoo.com)
Wed, 18 Jul 2007 09:35:04 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1874489381-1184776504=:64794

Unless it's in really tiny print, there is nothing on the MPLC site to indicate they are part of Swank. I think there is a similar-sounding agency out there that IS part of Swank. I have emailed MPLC and asked again about the umbrella license and our eligibility. No reply yet.

Christine

jrosner@kino.com wrote:
They don't because they are a division of SWANK but I think SWANK itself might
do some kinds of blanket licenses for colleges on the films they rep.

Jessica
( suffering her first loss after 4 straight Cub wins on vacation in Chicago)

Quoting Christine Godin :

> On another list, someone asked about PPR again and another poster suggested
> they contact the MPLC for an umbrella license. I had tried that route and was
> told that they do not sell those licenses to colleges. Am I mistaken? Should
> I have presented myself as the college library and only the library as
> presenter?
>
> Their brochure is enticing and makes it sound soooo easy. However, I assume
> if it were that easy to obtain this umbrella license we would not have had
> the extended conversation on this topic.
>
> Has any other college on the list managed to make this deal?
>
> Christine Godin
> Northwest Vista College

> Get the free Yahoo! toolbar and rest assured with the added security of
> spyware protection.

--0-1874489381-1184776504=:64794

sell those licenses to colleges. Am I mistaken? Should<BR>&gt; I have presented myself as the college library and only the library as<BR>&gt; presenter?<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Their brochure is enticing and makes it sound soooo easy. However, I assume<BR>&gt; if it were that easy to obtain this umbrella license we would not have had<BR>&gt; the extended conversation on this topic.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Has any other college on the list managed to make this deal?<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Christine Godin<BR>&gt; Northwest Vista College<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; ---------------------------------<BR>&gt; Get the free Yahoo! toolbar and rest assured with the added security of<BR>&gt; spyware protection.<BR><BR><BR>VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries and related institutions. It is hoped that the list
will serve as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distributors.<BR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR><p>&#32;
<hr size=1>Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the <a href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48253/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC">Internet in your pocket:</a> mail, news, photos & more.
--0-1874489381-1184776504=:64794--