RE: [Videolib] Streaming video[Scanned]

Mark Kopp (mkopp@iu08.org)
Tue, 17 Jul 2007 09:04:22 -0400

You'll need to find your own copyright permissions, but if you need a
hosting solution, try Speedera Networks ( www.speedera.com ). It's what
they do. Their pricing almost makes it tough to justify your own servers
and connectivity.

Mark

Mark W. Kopp
Technology Assistant
IT Department
Appalachia Intermediate Unit 8
4500 6th Avenue
Altoona, PA 16602
P: 814-940-0223
F: 814-949-0984
C: 814-937-2802

Hello, I'm interested in streaming video as well. We have an
instructor who plans to teach online in the fall and wants to use clips
from videos that he uses in his regular classroom.
I have two questions concerning this.

1. Our IT department wants us to find a company that will house the
streaming video so that it doesn't take up all our space. Do any of you
do this or know of a company that we may outsource our streaming video?

2. Concerns about copyright...I'm assuming we need approval ...who
should we contact concerning copyrighting the video clips?

Appreciate your input. - Deb