Re: [Videolib] Streaming video

ghandman@library.berkeley.edu
Mon, 16 Jul 2007 18:19:34 -0700 (PDT)

It is almost completely unlikely tht you will be able to get permission to
retain clips on a server (your or someone else's) for the long haul. Most
digital licenses available are for term-limited mounting of whole works on
local servers. In many instances, the terms of the license limit access
to specified clients (i.e. IP ranges).

Films for the Humanities (Films Media) is one of the few distributors that
I know of that provides client access to files stored on a server
maintained by the the distributor.

Gary Handman

UC Berkeley

--Guy Debord