Re: [Videolib] Streaming video

Tom.Ipri@unlv.edu
Mon, 16 Jul 2007 15:21:45 -0700

--=_alternative 007AD77A8825731A_=

Is this the type of discussion Eric P. envisions for his Multimedia Wiki?
Maybe this conversation is more suited to that kind of format so we have a
searchable and editable record of what people discover.

Tom

_____________________________
Tom Ipri, MS
Head, Media and Computer Services
Lied Library
University of Nevada, Las Vegas
4505 Maryland Pkwy
Las Vegas, NV 89154
702-895-2183
tom.ipri@unlv.edu

"Deb Seiffert" <Seifferd@nicc.edu>
Sent by: owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
07/16/2007 02:01 PM
Please respond to
videolib@lists.berkeley.edu

"Videolib " <videolib@lists.berkeley.edu>, videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
cc

Subject
[Videolib] Streaming video

Hello, I'm interested in streaming video as well. We have an
instructor who plans to teach online in the fall and
wants to use clips from videos that he uses in his regular classroom.
I have two questions concerning this.

1. Our IT department wants us to find a company that will house the
streaming video so that it doesn't take up all our space. Do any of
you do this or know of a company that we may outsource our streaming
video?

2. Concerns about copyright...I'm assuming we need approval ...who
should we contact concerning copyrighting the video clips?

Appreciate your input. - Deb