[Videolib] Streaming video

Deb Seiffert (Seifferd@nicc.edu)
Mon, 16 Jul 2007 16:01:45 -0500

Hello, I'm interested in streaming video as well. We have an
instructor who plans to teach online in the fall and
wants to use clips from videos that he uses in his regular classroom.
I have two questions concerning this.

1. Our IT department wants us to find a company that will house the
streaming video so that it doesn't take up all our space. Do any of
you do this or know of a company that we may outsource our streaming
video?

2. Concerns about copyright...I'm assuming we need approval ...who
should we contact concerning copyrighting the video clips?

Appreciate your input. - Deb

On 10 Jul 2007, at 15:56, you wrote:

To: "Videolib " <videolib@lists.berkeley.edu>
Subject: [Videolib] Learning about streaming video
From: Tom.Ipri@unlv.edu
Date sent: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 15:56:15 -0700
Send reply to: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu

> One of my responsibilities in my new position is to find the best way
> for us to deliver streaming video to our patrons. To do so, I need to
> learn more. Are there any conferences/workshops people would
> recommend?
>
> I see that the National Media Market conference is having a session
> along these lines. Does anyone know if this is a good conference to
> attend for learning about this kind of technology? Are there a lot of
> vendors there showing off the latest whatevers?
>
> How about EduComm?
>
> Thanks,
> Tom
>
> _____________________________
> Tom Ipri, MS
> Head, Media and Computer Services
> Lied Library
> University of Nevada, Las Vegas
> 4505 Maryland Pkwy
> Las Vegas, NV 89154
> 702-895-2183
> tom.ipri@unlv.edu

Deb Seiffert
Learning Resources Coord.
Northeast Iowa Community College
Peosta Campus
seifferd@nicc.edu
563-556-5110 ext. 269
1.800.728.7367 ext. 269

"They are subversive. You think they're just sitting there at the desk, all quiet and everything.
They're like plotting the revolution, man." Michael Moore on librarians.