Re: [Videolib] Results of ALA VRT's Video Librarian and Video

ghandman@library.berkeley.edu
Fri, 13 Jul 2007 10:16:37 -0700 (PDT)

Thank YOU, Meghann...

This is useful stuff. I'm on the cusp of going on vacation for a couple
of weeks. Given the grumpiness of my previous note, probably not a minute
too soon. Last night I mentioned my comments re the MLIS to my wife Pam
(a long-time corporate librarian) and she promptly proceeded to kick my
butt. Guess I've been in academia too long.

I do, however, feel strongly (and intractably) about the importance of
specialization in the field of film and video, the importance of film and
video to libraries, and the need for professional training and experience
in that specialization (regardless of how one defines "professional")

Best,

Gary

UC Berkeley

--Guy Debord