Re: [Videolib] Results of ALA VRT's Video Librarian and Video Collection

Meghann Matwichuk (mtwchk@udel.edu)
Fri, 13 Jul 2007 09:59:37 -0400

--------------030408020107030206060506

Thank you, Gary. To answer your second point, I'd like to clip a line
from the email invitation to participate in the Video Librarian survey:

"You are eligible to participate in this survey if you consider yourself
a video librarian, and are currently working in a library, museum or
archive with video materials (DVD,
VHS, digital formats, etc.)."

Michael may have more to add, but to my mind, we were interested in
allowing our respondents to self-identify as video librarians, knowing
that there are many library workers who are primarily responsible for
video collections in libraries who do not have an MLS (especially in
some public libraries -- let's not forget that some public libraries
hire directors who do not have their MLS). I think it's valuable for us
to know that, and agree that conversation about the implications of that
13% who do not have an MLS but are acting as librarians are important to
discuss (and of course extends beyond the subset of librarians we surveyed).

Best,

Meghann Matwichuk, M.S.
Senior Assistant Librarian
Morris Library, University of Delaware