RE: [Videolib] Looking for movie recommendations to match the book "Threecups of tea"

Blaine Waterman (bwaterman@sfpl.org)
Sat, 7 Jul 2007 13:26:15 -0700

KANDAHAR

Title Safar e Ghandehar [videorecording] = Kandahar / a New Yorker Films
release ; BAC Films ; Makhmalbaf Film House ; scripted and directed by
Mohsen Makhmalbaf.
Publication Info. [New York] : New Yorker Video, 2003, c2001. 85 minutes

"An Afghan-born Canadian journalist travels to Afghanistan in an attempt
to rescue her sister, who has threatened to commit suicide because of
her despair over the oppressive Taliban regime's treatment of women."

A different -stan, but probably quite relevant.

Blaine Waterman
AV Center Librarian
San Francisco Public Library
100 Larkin Street