Re: [Videolib] Damaged box sets

Marsha Loyer (m.loyer@mphpl.org)
Fri, 06 Jul 2007 15:47:44 -0400

--=====================_24307421==.ALT

We also do not mark the item "missing a part" and send it back out.
Most of the feature and some of the non-fic we purchase through
Midwest Tape (www.midwesttapes.com) are available to purchase by
disc. I had one disc destroyed by a patron and they repl. it
free because it was still within the warranty period! Great people
to work with...always a live person.
Marsha
11:01 AM 7/6/2007, you wrote:
>Hi, everyone,
>
>I was wondering how you all deal with box sets that have one disc that's
>damaged, but the others are fine. This wouldn't be a feature film, or
>television, but more often nonfiction, such as a title like America's
>Most Scenic Drives, where there really isn't a narrative connection from
>disc to disc. If you can't replace the disc, do you just list that one
>as missing, and circulate the rest, or do you withdraw the entire title,
>and replace it. Thanks.
>
>Becky Tatar
>Periodicals/Audiovisuals
>Aurora Public Library