Re: [Videolib] region-free DVD players

Thu, 05 Jul 2007 13:13:21 -0700

I don't have a solution but I'm totally perplexed as to why code-free
players would be illegal (wait...isn't this the same state banned Fred
Wiseman's Titicut Follies...I seem to see a pattern).
Seriously, though. I don't get what is construed being not on the
up-and-up...

Gary Handman

At 11:44 AM 7/5/2007, Maureen Tripp wrote:
>We have several European region DVDs in our collection, and lots of
>faculty bring in their own European or African DVDs--
>Our classroom support people say they can't purchase region-free DVD
>players legally in Massachusetts--
>has anyone else encountered this problem?
>how did you solve it?
>thanks! hope everyone's 4th was glorious!
>
>Maureen Tripp
>Media Librarian
>Media Services Center
>180 Tremont St. 3rd Floor
>Boston, MA 02116
>maureen_tripp@emerson.edu
>(617)824-8676

>as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of
>producers and distributors.

UC Berkeley

--Guy Debord