RE: [Videolib] Vendors for Academic Media Libraries

Hutchison, Jane (HutchisonJ@wpunj.edu)
Wed, 27 Jun 2007 11:51:31 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C7B8D3.08148EE6

I would suggest attending the National Media Market this October in
Mesa, AZ. There are so many wonderful independent documentaries and
films that can't be obtained through general vendors. This is a great
market to attend....view, discuss, collaborate and network. The general
ones are ok for feature films or for general consumer titles, but the
most valuable titles for my institution come from independent
filmmakers. These contain viewpoints, ideas, and information that
students need to hear and see. For example: Women Make Movies, First
Run Icarus, Bullfrog, Cinema Guild, Filmakers, Fanlight, Aquarius, are
just a few. (Please forgive me as this list is not exclusive, but just
a sampling. See the list of distributors at www.nmm.net)
=20
Regards, Jane
Jane B. Hutchison