Re: [Videolib] digital video interest group?

Christopher Lewis (mtwchk@udel.edu)
Fri, 22 Jun 2007 10:47:37 -0400 (EDT)

There is the VRT Digital Media Discussion Group, which meets at the Midwinter ALA Conference.

I've written up notes from the last meeting in Seattle and will be distributing them at this Monday's VRT Executive Board Meeting. Hopefully they can be put up on the VRT webspace shortly after so you all can see how varied and informative the discussion was. (I ended up with eight full pages of notes and boiled them down to about a four page report -- as we all know, there's a lot to discuss on this topic!)

Incidentally, the group has grown exponentially in the last few years... At Boston in 2005, there were appx. 10 attendees and we talked for 45 minutes at most. In San Antonio, there were 25+ attendees and the hour timespan wasn't nearly long enough. So, we expanded to a 1 1/2 hour time slot for Seattle in 2007, but we had over 75 attendees and probably could have talked for hours. I have it on the agenda for the VRT Exec. Board to talk about how to address this explosion of interest; any who will be attending ALA and who have thoughts on this, please attend Monday morning's meeting (VRT Membership and Executive Board Meeting; Monday, June 25, 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m; Location: Four Points Sheraton, McPherson A/B).

Best,
Meghann Matwichuk
(VRT DMDG Chair / Moderator)
Univ. of DE Library