Re: [Videolib] ACRL Media Resources Discussion Group

Sebastian Derry (sebastianderry@yahoo.com)
Wed, 20 Jun 2007 17:34:46 -0700 (PDT)

--0-195006868-1182386086=:16396

Hi,

can you tell me a it about your Discussion Group--is it new? Must confess not familiar with it at all. Have you a website or listserv?

Thanks,

sebastian

----- Original Message ----
From: Justin Michael Wadland <jwadland@u.washington.edu>
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 4:29:40 PM
Subject: [Videolib] ACRL Media Resources Discussion Group

Hello everyone,

As co-Chair of the ACRL Media Resources Discussion Group, I'd like to invite
those attending the ALA Conference in Washington, D.C., to come to our meeting. We will be talking about integrating media into library instruction.

Title: The Media is the Message in Library Instruction

Description: We will discuss how to successfully integrate media into library instruction sessions. Panelists will present sessions or classes that used blogs, streaming video, documentaries, and other emerging technologies to encourage information literacy. A facilitated discussion about the efficacy of integrating media into library instruction will follow the presentations.

Where: State room of the Hilton Washington

Sincerely,
Justin Wadland

Justin Wadland
Head, Media and Visual Resources
UW Tacoma Library
jwadland@u.washington.edu
253.692.5741

Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.
--0-195006868-1182386086=:16396

Hi,

can you tell me a  it about your Discussion Group--is it new? Must confess not familiar with it at all. Have you a website or listserv?

Thanks,

sebastian

Where: State room of the Hilton Washington

Sincerely,
Justin Wadland

Justin Wadland
Head, Media and Visual Resources
UW Tacoma Library
jwadland@u.washington.edu
253.692.5741

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!
Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's economy) at Yahoo! Games. --0-195006868-1182386086=:16396-- VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distributors.