Re: [Videolib] PPR and notification of such

Christine Godin (diractor@yahoo.com)
Wed, 20 Jun 2007 05:40:01 -0700 (PDT)

--0-170925432-1182343201=:10872

PUT up with a lot! Saw that typo as I hit the Send button!

Rick Faaberg <rfaaberg@comcast.net> wrote: On 6/19/07 9:34 PM "Christine Godin" sent this out:

> Sometimes PBS even has THREE prices offered for the same product but with no
> explanation as to why. I finally called them to confirm. A very nice woman was
> hesitant to commit to much, but did indicate that for them the magic number is
> 60. That being 60 in the room to watch would require PPR. It sounded like she
> came up with a "reasonable" explanation on the fly. Who knows?

In my experience, PBS was *always* really squirrelly with pricing.

I had a subscription for "PBS Videohistory of America" (sic) way back when
(in the nineties) and it had an annual renewal fee that was really sort of
expensive.

As I remember it, I balked at renewing and suddenly the price of admission
was, like, halved. Might have even been reduced more than that before I cut
a PO - can't quite remember.

PBS is a way-weird outfit to deal with imo. Like back-room dealings and
back-room dinners-and-drinks type of thing.

Rick Faaberg

Christine Godin
GO SPURS GO !!

Building a website is a piece of cake.
--0-170925432-1182343201=:10872

PUT up with a lot! Saw that typo as I hit the Send button!<BR><BR><B><I>Rick Faaberg &lt;rfaaberg@comcast.net&gt;</I></B> wrote: <BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">On 6/19/07 9:34 PM "Christine Godin" <DIRACTOR@YAHOO.COM>sent this out:<BR><BR>&gt; Sometimes PBS even has THREE prices offered for the same product but with no<BR>&gt; explanation as to why. I finally called them to confirm. A very nice woman was<BR>&gt; hesitant to commit to much, but did indicate that for them the magic number is<BR>&gt; 60. That being 60 in the room to watch would require PPR. It sounded like she<BR>&gt; came up with a "reasonable" explanation on the fly. Who knows?<BR><BR>In my experience, PBS was *always* really squirrelly with pricing.<BR><BR>I had a subscription for "PBS Videohistory of America" (sic) way back when<BR>(in the nineties) and it had an annual renewal fee that was really sort of<BR>expensive.<BR><BR>As I
remember it, I balked at renewing and suddenly the price of admission<BR>was, like, halved. Might have even been reduced more than that before I cut<BR>a PO - can't quite remember.<BR><BR>PBS is a way-weird outfit to deal with imo. Like back-room dealings and<BR>back-room dinners-and-drinks type of thing.<BR><BR>Rick Faaberg<BR><BR>VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distributors.<BR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR><BR><BR><DIV> <DIV><STRONG><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#407f00>Christine Godin</FONT></STRONG></DIV> <DIV><STRONG><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#8000ff>GO SPURS GO
!!</FONT></STRONG></DIV></DIV><p>&#32;
<hr size=1>Building a website is a piece of cake. <br>Yahoo! Small Business gives you <a href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48251/*http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/webhosting/?p=PASSPORTPLUS">all the tools to get online.</a>
--0-170925432-1182343201=:10872--