Re: [Videolib] Fwd: Video Business Online - MPAA, others call f

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Tue, 19 Jun 2007 16:25:02 -0400

Not to drag this out too much but there are conservative docs but most of
them tend to be kind of cheap preaching to the converted types ( I think
there are at least 4 just attacking Michael Moore including a new one called
MANUFACTURING DISSENT)that show on a few campuses. Not sure about vast left
wing conspiracies , more like market driven. People paid money to see
things like FARENHEIT 9/11, SUPERSIZE ME, INCONVENIENT TRUTH etc ( for the
record I have not seen any of them since I only see about 5 new films a year
anyway). Trust me if you could make serious money on a Pro-Iraq war or
anti-Clinton documentary it would be screening tomorrow at a theater near
you.

Maybe lefties ( myself excluded) just go to more movies.

On 6/19/07 3:46 PM, "Mike Tribby" <mike.tribby@quality-books.com> wrote:

> "What's wrong with Ken Burns?"
>
> Well, confining my comments to just his baseball documentary, how about his
> assumption that 90% of what matters in baseball history took place in either
> Boston or New York?
>
> As to the politics of current documentarians, I tried to think of some
> recent documentaries with a conservative political leaning and could think
> of none. Is this because there aren't any, or because of a vast left-wing
> conspiracy? (There might be other reasons I suppose...)
>

> Mike Tribby
> Senior Cataloger
> Quality Books Inc.
> The Best of America's Independent Presses
>
> mailto:mike.tribby@quality-books.com

> distributors.

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE

Jessica Rosner