RE: [Videolib] Fwd: Video Business Online - MPAA, others call

Tue, 19 Jun 2007 13:28:23 -0700

--=====================_13893906==.ALT

Celsius 41.11: The Temperature at Which the Brain Begins to Die
Examines "the truth behind the lies of Fahrenheit 9/11". This film attempts
to correct the record when it comes to the left's attacks on President
Bush, the terrorist attacks of 9/11, the war in Iraq and Kerry's 20-year
tenure in the Senate. Directed by Kevin Knoblock. Washington, D.C. :
Citizens United, c2004. 71 min.

Michael Moore Hates America
A controversial documentary that examines the filmmaking methods of
director Michael Moore. Michael Wilson humorously satirizes Moore's own
dogged pursuit of GM President Roger Smith in Moore's 1989 documentary
"Roger & Me." As he travels from Coast to Coast, Wilson encounters
celebrities, writers, politicians and everyday citizens in a candid and
often surprising account of the cultural dialogue in modern America.
Written, produced and directed by Michael Wilson. c2004. 93 min.

At 12:46 PM 6/19/2007, you wrote:
>"What's wrong with Ken Burns?"
>
>Well, confining my comments to just his baseball documentary, how about his
>assumption that 90% of what matters in baseball history took place in either
>Boston or New York?
>
>As to the politics of current documentarians, I tried to think of some
>recent documentaries with a conservative political leaning and could think
>of none. Is this because there aren't any, or because of a vast left-wing
>conspiracy? (There might be other reasons I suppose...)
>

>Mike Tribby
>Senior Cataloger
>Quality Books Inc.
>The Best of America's Independent Presses
>
>mailto:mike.tribby@quality-books.com

>as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of
>producers and distributors.

UC Berkeley

--Guy Debord

[...]

"In societies where modern conditions of production prevail, all of life presents itself as an immense accumulation of spectacles."

--Guy Debord