RE: [Videolib] Streaming Videos from the Collection

Brock, Shawn (Shawn.Brock@aetn.com)
Tue, 19 Jun 2007 15:51:17 -0400

Hi Mark,

Did they say who or what business unit at Sony said they were okay with
it? I have friends that work at Sony so can easily verify for us if
this is indeed the case. Personally, I can't imagine they would be ...

-Shawn

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Mark Gooch
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2007 1:59 PM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] Streaming Videos from the Collection

We just had a demo from their rep yesterday. His claim is they have
shown this to Sony and they were o.k. with it. On their site they use
Kenneth Crews' summary of the TEACH Act:

http://www.cdigix.com/cdigix/TeachAct/tabid/73/Default.aspx

This discussion has been very helpful. I don't feel so much as if I
missed the boat on something.

Thanks
Mark

--
Mark D. Gooch
Technology and Government Information Librarian