Re: [Videolib] Streaming Videos from the Collection

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Tue, 19 Jun 2007 15:20:55 -0400

Um what exactly did they show Sony?
The link below is a SEVERLY edited version of the whole discussion of TEACH
ACT that Dr. Crews has on the IU web site. One crucial part missing is the
restriction on dramatic works ( like feature films) that state "
Performances of any other work, including dramatic works and audiovisual
works, but only in ³reasonable and limited portions²; ".

I would like to see a letter ( or e mail) from the SONY legal dept stating
that they have no objection to their feature films being digitized and
streamed onto students computers if they are part of a class.

It would totally fascinating ( and unrealistic) if studios were OK with
this.

It would also be most interesting that I am sure virtually every independent
distributor ( we don't count as we sell retail anyway) would as Jonathan
said cut off any school which did have CDIGIX from purchasing any of their
films. Since those companies have 100% control of their product and since
no one disputes that only a LEGAL copy can be used. It would cut off
schools from a huge portion of important material.