Re: [Videolib] Streaming Videos from the Collection

Tue, 19 Jun 2007 08:04:16 -0700

They claim verbally that their lawyers say that it's ok to stream whole
works (even Hollywoodies) wrapped in digital rights management protections
in the service of teaching. Yeah...
I claim they're nuts. In any case, CDIGIX wouldn't be the ones hauled into
court, the provider (i.e. the institution providing access) would.

gary handman

At 07:28 AM 6/19/2007, you wrote:
>Hey I was in Chicago watching the Cubs lose. I missed the whole thing on
>CDGX whatever.
>
>Stupid question for Librarian or distributor who knows that company. Do they
>claim in writing ( contract , brochure etc) that it is OK for them to
>digitize and stream any title without clearing it or do they just tell folks
>this off the record ?
>

>On 6/19/07 6:38 AM, "Rick Faaberg" <rfaaberg@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > On 6/15/07 9:07 AM "Dennis Doros" <milefilms@gmail.com> sent this out:
> >
> >> Or a librarian for that matter? Be afraid.
> >
> > Is everybody completely 9-5 around here? Come on - let's have some live
> > discussion!
> >
> > Rick
> >
> > VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues
> > relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control,
> > preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in
> libraries and
> > related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective
> > working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication
> > between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and
> > distributors.
>

>Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE
>
>Jessica Rosner
>Kino International
>333 W 39th St. 503
>NY NY 10018
>jrosner@kino.com
>212-629-6880

>as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of
>producers and distributors.

UC Berkeley

--Guy Debord