Re: [Videolib] Printing Posters/Pixelization

Wes Miller (wesm@earlham.edu)
Mon, 18 Jun 2007 10:53:04 -0400

--Apple-Mail-6--139762359
delsp=yes;
format=flowed

Chuck,

In PowerPoint you can create custom sizes that can be printed on a =20
plotter. Many of Earlham's students create poster presentations that =20=

are printed in a 4 x 5 foot size and printed on a plotter . This is =20
done under the page set-up area and is a custom size and scales the =20
image, which can then be printed to the printer of choice.

Give it a try and see how it works.

Wes

On Jun 18, 2007, at 8:34 AM, Chuck McCann wrote:

> Thanks,
>
> But faculty create their posters in PowerPoint -- which is an =20
> application that will only allow you a certain height and width. To =20=

> get a LARGER dimension it has to be exported as something that =20
> PhotoShop will open (or is there another way?). It seems to only =20
> export at 72-96 dpi. So, when the poster is proportionally =20
> stretched in PhotoShop there is pixelization in the images, and =20
> thus in the print.
>
> Anyone have any ideas to help get a smoother image??
>

> At 03:59 PM 6/15/2007, you wrote:
>> Fonts won=92t pixelate when printed from PowerPoint (really large), =20=

>> but images will. I think you can make a PowerPoint about 36 by 48 =20=

>> or so, perhaps a bit wider (might be 52). The only thing you can =20
>> do with an image is use a very high dpi one, as that is bitmapped, =20=

>> not vector based, like the fonts will be in PowerPoint.
>>
>> mb
>>
>> Michael Brewer
>> Slavic Studies, German Studies & Media Arts Librarian
>> University of Arizona Library
>> brewerm@u.library.arizona.edu

T. Weston Miller
Director, Instructional Technology & Media
Earlham College, Drawer 5
Richmond, IN 47374-4095

Voice: 765-983-1278
E-mail: wesm@ earlham.edu

Immediate Past-President, Association for Educational Communications =20
and Technology. (http://www.aect.org)

AECT 2007 Conference - Anaheim, CA October 23-27, 2007

--Apple-Mail-6--139762359

Chuck,

In PowerPoint you can = create custom sizes that can be printed on a plotter.=A0 Many of = Earlham's students create poster presentations that are printed in a 4 x = 5 foot size and printed on a plotter .=A0 This is done under the page = set-up area and is a custom size and scales the image, which can then be = printed to the printer of choice.