Re: [Videolib] Plasma Envy[Scanned]

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Fri, 15 Jun 2007 15:46:34 -0400

--B_3264767195_16738670

I will trade you the face to face teaching exemption for 8 weeks of vacation
and universal health care but of course
I am not a librarian

On 6/15/07 3:12 PM, "Susan Weber" <sweber@langara.bc.ca> wrote:

> In Canada, college faculty get 8 weeks of vacation (in B.C., anyway) and
> we have universal health care. Are we "advanced", too?
> Of course we lose points for our backward copyright laws.
>
> Susan
>
> Jessica Rosner wrote:
>>
>> Six weeks of vacation and Universal Health Care make them advanced.
>> I don't know a thing about plasma TVs
>>

>> On 6/15/07 1:56 PM, "Mark Kopp" <mkopp@iu08.org> <mailto:mkopp@iu08.org>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> Now that it's been mentioned a couple times, I'm now curious. What are
>>> the "advanced" European countries? What is the definition of "advanced"?
>>> What do they "have" that makes them so "advanced"?
>>>
>>> Mark
>>>

>>> Mark W. Kopp
>>> Technology Assistant
>>> IT Department
>>> Appalachia Intermediate Unit 8
>>> 4500 6th Avenue
>>> Altoona, PA 16602
>>> P: 814-940-0223
>>> F: 814-949-0984
>>> C: 814-937-2802
>>> *****************************************

Re: [Videolib] Plasma Envy[Scanned] I wil= l trade you the face to face teaching exemption for 8 weeks of vacation and = universal health care but of course

Jessica Rosner wrote:

Six weeks of vacation and Universal Health Care make them advanced.
I don't know a thing about plasma TVs

Now that it's been mentioned a couple times, I'm now curious. What are
the "advanced" European countries? What is the definition of &quo= t;advanced"?
[...]

related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective<= BR> working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and
distributors.

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE

Jessica Rosner
Kino International
333 W 39th St. 503
NY NY 10018
jrosner@kino.com
212-629-6880

VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues= relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control, p= reservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries and = related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective w= orking tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication betw= een libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distributors= .