Re: [Videolib] Streaming Videos from the Collection

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Thu, 14 Jun 2007 10:25:11 -0400

I think the Chaplin Estate can take care of themselves and it is a bit silly
to think that if you can't watch MODERN TIMES via download next year it will
become irrelevent. Moreover I think it would outrageous if teachers or
librarians decided that since they could not obtain Chaplin films on line ,
they just would not bother to use them in class via a clumsy old DVD.

If you and your children are going to limit your film viewing to downloads
( Chaplin films being readily available on VHS & DVD and on film much of the
time) then you will be missing many great things

On 6/14/07 2:15 AM, "Rick Faaberg" <rfaaberg@comcast.net> wrote:

> On 6/13/07 7:21 AM "Jessica Rosner" <jrosner@kino.com> sent this out:
>
>> There will simply never be a time when all let's say significant or films
>> likely to be used an academic setting are going to be available for
>> streaming and the process for feature films becoming available will be very,
>> very slow.
>
> And those materials will become irrelevant. Too bad.
>
> Look at the owners of Beatles music's recent effort to get the material
> online. They realize that the Beatles will be irrelevant if their material
> is not online.
>
> I barely know who Chaplin was; my children have absolutely no idea who
> Chaplin was. If he's not online soon, he's gone.
>
> Rick Faaberg

> distributors.

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE

Jessica Rosner