RE: [Videolib] Streaming Videos from the Collection[Scanned]

Mark Kopp (mkopp@iu08.org)
Thu, 14 Jun 2007 08:37:32 -0400

Excellent excellent point, Rick!

Mark

Mark W. Kopp
Technology Assistant
IT Department
Appalachia Intermediate Unit 8
4500 6th Avenue
Altoona, PA 16602
P: 814-940-0223
F: 814-949-0984
C: 814-937-2802

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Rick Faaberg
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2007 2:16 AM
To: Videolib List
Subject: Re: [Videolib] Streaming Videos from the Collection[Scanned]

On 6/13/07 7:21 AM "Jessica Rosner" <jrosner@kino.com> sent this out:

> There will simply never be a time when all let's say significant or
> films likely to be used an academic setting are going to be available
> for streaming and the process for feature films becoming available
> will be very, very slow.

And those materials will become irrelevant. Too bad.

Look at the owners of Beatles music's recent effort to get the material
online. They realize that the Beatles will be irrelevant if their
material is not online.

I barely know who Chaplin was; my children have absolutely no idea who
Chaplin was. If he's not online soon, he's gone.

Rick Faaberg

producers and distributors.