Re: [Videolib] Thanks -- public showing

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Wed, 13 Jun 2007 18:32:03 -0400

--B_3264604324_6996654

Well I don=B9t know what films they wanted to show and it might have been too
expensive but I wonder if they even checked the prices.
I don=B9t know if this was sort of generic entertainment type thing or geared
to specific theme but one frustrating thing is that film showings in genera=
have been so devalued in campuses. Obviously because folks can now go to th=
store or netflix or on demand cable it is not the rarity it was but
it is a shame students and faculty by and large no longer think of film
showings as an event like a speaker, or music performance etc. Something
worth
paying for and worth seeing in a group setting.

On 6/13/07 4:32 PM, "Francis Kuykendall" <FKuykendall@southark.edu> wrote:

> Thanks to everyone who sent messages and links regarding public showing o=
> recently released films. The sponsors realize it is too expensive and too
> involved to continue with the activity. Thanks again.
> =20
> Francis
>=20
> =20
>=20
> Francis Kuykendall
>=20
> Library Director
>=20
> South Arkansas Community College
>=20
> 300 South West Avenue
>=20
> El Dorado, AR 71730
>=20
> (v) 870.864.7115
>=20
> =20
>=20

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE
=20
Jessica Rosner
Kino International
333 W 39th St. 503
NY NY 10018
jrosner@kino.com
212-629-6880

--B_3264604324_6996654

Re: [Videolib] Thanks -- public showing Well = I don’t know what films they wanted to show and it might have been too= expensive but I wonder if they even checked the prices.
I don’t know if this was sort of generic entertainment type thing or = geared to specific theme but one frustrating thing is that film showings in = general
have been so devalued in campuses. Obviously because folks can now go to th= e store or netflix or on demand cable it is not the rarity it was but
it is a shame students and faculty by and large no longer think of film sho= wings as an event like a speaker, or music performance etc. Something worth<= BR> paying for and worth seeing in a group setting.