RE: [Videolib] Films on art/artists

Andrew Roth (aroth@ald.lib.co.us)
Wed, 13 Jun 2007 08:27:26 -0600

Art School Confidential (2006)

Andrew Roth
Library Materials Services
Collection Management - Video
Arapahoe Library District
303.798.2444 x1031

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Dennis Doros
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 10:46 AM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Films on art/artists

Gary and friends,

I don't know if you have a list already, but I'm looking for ideas on
the best "popular" films about art and artists. They can be feature or
doc, old or new, but they have to have mass, rather than
educational-only, appeal. (No qualitative judgement suggested, just
acknowledgement of who the program is for.)

Examples would be like Lust for Life, The Mystery of Picasso, Jarman's
Carravaggio, A Day on the Grand Canal with the Emperor of China,
Superstar, Andrei Rublev, Edvard Munch, Frida, Pollack, My Left Foot,
A Bigger Splash, Rivers and Tide, Crumb, Basquait, Korda's Rembrandt,
etc.

And they don't have to be on DVD or even distributed at the moment.

Thanks!

--
Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video