Re: [Videolib] Films on art/artists

Sally Eberhardt (sally@skylightpictures.com)
Tue, 12 Jun 2007 14:00:19 -0400

--Apple-Mail-37--646926974
delsp=yes;
format=flowed

Love is The Devil, the feature film about Francis bacon, from 1998.

On 12 Jun 2007, at 12:58, Adams, Michael wrote:

> The Impressionists is an excellent 3-hr 2006 Brit TV dramatization
> about
> Manet, Monet, Cezanne, Renoir, and Degas. It has mass appeal without
> being too superficial. Beautifully photographed.

Sally Eberhardt
Associate Producer
Skylight Pictures
330 West 42nd Street
24th Floor
New York, NY 10036

Office. +1 212 947 5333
Cell: +1 646 678 7323

www.skylightpictures.com

--Apple-Mail-37--646926974

Love is The Devil, the feature = film about Francis bacon, from 1998.

On 12 Jun 2007, = at 12:58, Adams, Michael wrote:

The Impressionists is an excellent 3-hr 2006 Brit TV = dramatization about
Manet, Monet, Cezanne, = Renoir, and Degas.=A0 It = has mass appeal without
being too = superficial.=A0 Beautifully = photographed.

I don't know = if you have a list already, but I'm looking for ideas on
the best "popular" films about art and artists. They = can be feature or
doc, old or new, but they have = to have mass, rather than
acknowledgement of who the = program is for.)

Examples would be like Lust for Life, The Mystery of = Picasso, Jarman's
Carravaggio, A Day on the Grand = Canal with the Emperor of China,
Superstar, = Andrei Rublev, Edvard Munch, Frida, Pollack,=A0 My Left Foot,
A Bigger Splash, Rivers and Tide, Crumb, Basquait, = Korda's Rembrandt,
etc.

And they = don't have to be on DVD or even distributed at the moment.

--=A0
Dennis = Doros
Milestone Film & = Video
PO Box 128
Harrington Park, NJ 07640
Phone: 201-767-3117
email: = milefilms@aol.com
www.milestonefilms.com
VIDEOLIB is = intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of
issues relating to the selection, evaluation, = acquisition,bibliographic
control, = preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in
libraries and related institutions. It is hoped that = the list will serve
as an effective working = tool for video librarians, as well as a channel
of communication between libraries,educational = institutions, and video
producers and = distributors.

VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and = lively discussion of issues relating to the selection, evaluation, = acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of current and = evolving video formats in libraries and related institutions. It is = hoped that the list will serve as an effective working tool for video = librarians, as well as a channel of communication between = libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and = distributors.

Sally = Eberhardt
Associate Producer
Skylight = Pictures
330 West 42nd Street
24th = Floor
New York, NY 10036

Office. +1 212 947 = 5333
Cell: +1 646 678 7323

www.skylightpictures.com

=

= --Apple-Mail-37--646926974-- VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distributors.