Re: [Videolib] Films that include suitcases?

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Tue, 12 Jun 2007 12:17:15 -0400

--B_3264495436_421626

Not to be snippy but =B3 The Great Whatsit =B3 of KISS ME DEADLY is definitel=
a Box ( actually Pandora=B9s Box) and not a suitcase
It is my all time favorite movie

On 6/12/07 11:43 AM, "Chuck McCann" <cmccann@mailer.fsu.edu> wrote:

> [...]
>=20
> 3. It's A Wonderful Life (1946)
> Directed by: Frank Capra
> From synopsis =B3He [George] is in a local luggage and bags store purchasi=
ng a
> suitcase. With his hands outstretched, the moving image of George is sudd=
enly
> stopped on the screen by the angels, as they inspect and comment upon it.
>=20
> 4. Kiss Me Deadly (1955)
> Directed by: Robert Aldrich
> From synopsis: "The Great Whatsit" is a small plain box containing an
> unknown, unearthly, humming power that is unleashed in the apocalyptic an=
> controversial ending. This idea was used as "The Glowing Suitcase"
>=20
> Chuck
>=20
>=20
> At 10:15 AM 6/12/2007, Johan Oberg wrote:
>> Here's one for the collective wisdom of the list: One of our faculty mem=
bers
>> is looking for films from 1920-50 that include suitcases as relatively
>> important plot points.
>>=20
>> Ideas?
>>=20
>> Thanks!
>>=20
>> Johan Oberg
>> Librarian for Communication, Cultural Studies,
>> Film Studies, and Journalism
>> University of Minnesota
>> Wilson Library
>> 309 19th Ave. South
>> Minneapolis, MN 55455
>> 1-612-624-2050
>> VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of iss=
ues
>> relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control=
,
>> preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries=
and
>> related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effecti=
ve
>> distributors.
> Chuck McCann
> Dept. Head, Digital Media Center
> Florida State Libraries
> "Ask A Media Librarian" AIM account/e-mail: cmccann@mailer.fsu.edu
> http://www.lib.fsu.edu/dlmc/dmc
> <http://www.lib.fsu.edu/dlmc/dmc> 850.644.3094 or 850.644.5924 VIDEOLIB =
is
> intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues relating =
> the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control, preservatio=
n,
> and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries and related
> institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective workin=
> tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between
> libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distributors.

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE
=20
Jessica Rosner
Kino International
333 W 39th St. 503
NY NY 10018
jrosner@kino.com
212-629-6880

--B_3264495436_421626

Re: [Videolib] Films that include suitcases? Not t= o be snippy but “ The Great Whatsit “  of KISS ME DEADLY &n= bsp;is definitely a Box ( actually Pandora’s Box) and not a suitcase It is  my all time favorite movie

Here's one for the collective wisdom of the list: One o= f our faculty members is looking for films from 1920-50 that include suitcas= es as relatively important plot points.

Ideas?

Thanks!

Johan Oberg
Librarian for Communication, Cultural Studies,
Film Studies, and Journalism
University of Minnesota
Wilson Library
309 19th Ave. South
Minneapolis, MN 55455
1-612-624-2050
VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues= relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control, p= reservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries and = related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective w= orking tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication betw= een libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distributors= .
Chuck McCann
Dept. Head, Digital Media Center
Florida State Libraries
"Ask A Media Librarian" AIM account/e-mail: cmccann@mailer.fsu.edu
http://www.lib.fsu.edu/dlmc/dmc

<http://www.lib.fsu.edu/= dlmc/dmc>
850.644.3094 or 850.644.5924 VIDEOLIB is intended to= encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues relating to the selecti= on, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of = current and evolving video formats in libraries and related institutions. It= is hoped that the list will serve as an effective working tool for video li= brarians, as well as a channel of communication between libraries,educationa= l institutions, and video producers and distributors.