Re: [Videolib] Basil Rathbone as Sherlock Holmes?

Jen Stutesman (jennifer.stutesman@wwcc.edu)
Thu, 17 May 2007 21:12:07 -0700

Alright, Randy is on it on this one...I think I saw this
even before I saw Jeremy Brett, who is my favorite. But
this movie was great - and I didn't even know who Kingsley
*was* when I saw this....(yes, I had not seen Gandhi
yet...)

On Thu, 17 May 2007 16:20:54 -0700
"Randy Pitman" <vidlib@videolibrarian.com> wrote:
> Alright, as long as we are talking about one-offs, I
>have to admit a real fondness for Michael Caine in
>"Without a Clue" (as an in-name-only Holmes fronting for
>a brilliant Watson played by Ben Kingsley), which was
>directed by Thom Eberhardt (who also helmed "Captain
>Ron"--one of my favorite comedies, critics be damned :)
>
> Best,
>
> Randy
>
> Randy Pitman
> Publisher/Editor
> Video Librarian
> 8705 Honeycomb Ct. NW
> Seabeck, WA 98380
> Tel: (800) 692-2270; Fax: (360) 830-9346
> Email: vidlib@videolibrarian.com
> Web: www.videolibrarian.com
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jessica Rosner"
><jrosner@kino.com>

"Being an icon is overblown. Remember, an icon is moved by
a mouse." -William Shatner, April 2006 Reader's Digest.

Jen Stutesman
Instructional, Media and Technical Services Librarian
Walla Walla Community College
Walla Walla, WA

This message has been scanned for SPAM and viruses by Barracuda Networks SPAM Firewall 400.
Please call the WWCC Helpdesk @ 509-527-4357 if you have questions.