Re: [Videolib] Women directors videography

Thu, 17 May 2007 18:04:59 -0700

Cool!

I forgot about Cholodenko!

We don't anything by Kelly R. (she hasn't directed all that much), so she
doesn't make it on the list.

Isn't Rebecca Miller a writer? Has she directed?

Thannnnks!

Gary

At 09:56 AM 5/15/2007, you wrote:
>Gary,
>
>What about Kelly Reichardt, Lisa Cholodenko and Rebecca Miller?
>
>Gary Handman wrote:
>

> >Hullo all
> >
> >Last week I slapped together a videography of feature films by women
> >directors held by UCB MRC ( I couldn't bear the task of compiling a
>similar
> >list of documentaries by women...too too too many).
> >http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC/womendirectors.html
> >
> >Let me know if I've left out anyone egregious. (I realized in putting
>this
> >together that we don't own any
><http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0782384/>Susan
> >Seidelman -- an oversite we're in the process of correcting)
> >
> >Enjoy!
> >
> >Gary Handman
> >Director
> >Media Resources Center
> >Moffitt Library
> >UC Berkeley
> >ghandman@library.berkeley.edu
> >http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC
> >
> >"In societies where modern conditions of production prevail, all of
>life
> >presents itself as an immense accumulation of spectacles."
> >
> >--Guy Debord

>as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of
>producers and distributors.

UC Berkeley

--Guy Debord