Re: [Videolib] Basil Rathbone as Sherlock Holmes?

Thu, 17 May 2007 13:11:43 -0700 (PDT)

The Adventures of of Sherlock Holmes.
(1939)
Directed by Alfred L. Werker. Cast: Basil Rathbone, Nigel Bruce, Ida
Lupino, Alan Marshall. 82 min

The Hound of the Baskervilles
Directed by Sidney Lanfield, 1939. Cast: Basil Rathbone, Nigel Bruce,
Richard Greene, Wendy Barrie, Lionel Atwill. 80 min.

are my two faves...The later Rathbone films get pretty hammy (Sherlock and
nazi spies! etc.)

UC Berkeley, CA 94720-6000