Re: [Videolib] Job Posting

Linda Hellman (lhellman@optonline.net)
Thu, 17 May 2007 11:45:31 -0400

--Boundary_(ID_z6n2KrgB/u4Q4wSYNpsgIg)

Congratulations, Tom. Wishing you all the best for continued success.

Linda Hellman,Regional Sales Manager
Ambrose Video Publishing
145 W.45th Street -Suite 1115
New York NY 10036
1.888.802.6715
----- Original Message -----=20
From: Thomas Ipri=20
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu=20
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2007 10:23 AM
Subject: [Videolib] Job Posting

After 7 years as the Media Services Librarian at Connelly Library at =
La Salle University, I am moving on to be the Head, Media and Computer =
Services at Lied Library at UNLV. =20

At Connelly Library, we have revised the job description for the =
position I am leaving and I have posted it below. Official applications =
need to be addressed to the director, but I'd be happy to answer any =
questions. I will be in this position until June 15th.=20

Tom=20

______________________
Thomas A. Ipri, MS
Media Services Librarian

Connelly Library
La Salle University
1900 West Olney Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19141
215-951-1965
ipri@lasalle.edu
http://www.lasalle.edu/library
http://tombrarian.wordpress.com=20

Connelly Library=20
Professional librarian position=20
Media & Digital Services Librarian=20
(Head, Media & Digital Services Department)=20

La Salle University seeks a technologically sophisticated =
Media/Digital Services Librarian to manage a growing Audio-Visual =
department with additional responsibility for the planned digitization =
of existing collections. A strong academic interest in film studies is =
required and a current knowledge of copyright laws/issues especially as =
they pertain to non-print formats will receive preference. This library =
professional will actively critique and contribute to the =
library=E2=80=99s Web site, portal presence, and design and implement =
digital initiatives. In coordination with faculty, the MSL also selects =
and purchases films and multi-media software. The MSL must be able to =
coordinate library systems (Innovative Interfaces, Inc) and a variety of =
technologies in a team environment. Responsibilities include planning, =
implementing, and managing library technology projects and services in =
conjunction with librarians and campus technology staff. This candidate =
will possess knowledge of digital content and service development as =
well as its delivery and promotion. The candidate will develop and =
implement all policies and systems in digital projects and digital =
preservation for the campus. The MSL will research, evaluate, test, and =
recommend methods, standards, and software used in the creation of =
digital collections.=20

The Media Services Librarian supervises a staff of 2 full time =
paraprofessionals and 12+ student-workers. The position reports =
directly to the Director of Library Services.=20

The successful candidate will have an ALA-accredited professional =
degree, or a Master=E2=80=99s degree in another field with appropriate =
work experience and demonstrated digital project management and =
supervisory skills. The candidate will also possess superior =
communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work =
effectively with a wide-range of patrons and faculty. In addition, the =
MSL will have experience with digital standards (HTML, XML, METS, MOODS, =
EAD, PHP, SQL and other Web technologies.) The candidate must be =
familiar with programming and web development technologies including =
Macromedia, Flash, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, ContentDM, DSpace, and =
familiarity with metadata, the Dublin Core, and international digital =
library standards.=20

La Salle University is a comprehensive, coeducational university =
established in 1863 by the Christian Brothers, a Roman Catholic teaching =
order. =20

This position will remain open until a satisfactory candidate can be =
hired. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and =
3 employment reference contacts as soon as possible to: =20

John S. Baky=20
Director of Libraries=20
La Salle University=20
1900 West Olney Avenue=20
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19141=20

AA/EOE =

--Boundary_(ID_z6n2KrgB/u4Q4wSYNpsgIg)

Congratulations, Tom. Wishing you all = the best=20 for continued success.

Linda Hellman,Regional Sales Manager
Ambrose = Video=20 Publishing
145 W.45th Street -Suite 1115
New York NY=20 10036