Re: [Videolib] Looking for films on Jack Kerouac and the Beat

Thu, 17 May 2007 08:01:50 -0700

--=====================_161023640==.ALT

Check out:

http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC/BeatGen.html#Kerouac

the list has zillions of other things pertaining to the beats. Don't know
how many of these are still available...we've been collecting for a long time.

You might also try scoping out: http://kerouac.com/homepage.htm one of my
favorite Saturday nite hangouts in San Francisco.

Gary Handman

At 07:02 AM 5/17/2007, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>The UCF library is planning a semester long exhibit and series of events
>on Jack Kerouac. I've been asked to select films on the topic. So far I have:
> Finding Jack Kerouac (2002)
> The Source (1999)
> What Happened to Kerouac? (1986)
>
>Are there other films that you would recommend?
>
>Thanks,
>Athena
>
>Athena Hoeppner
>Electronic Resources Coordinator
>athena@mail.ucf.edu (407)823-5049

>as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of
>producers and distributors.

UC Berkeley

--Guy Debord

[...]

"In societies where modern conditions of production prevail, all of life presents itself as an immense accumulation of spectacles."

--Guy Debord