Re: [Videolib] Question regarding fair use?

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Tue, 15 May 2007 15:34:50 -0400

This is fine and exactly what fair use is supposed to be for.
( don't faint Michael and Gary I do actually believe in REAL Fair Use)

On 5/15/07 1:08 PM, "Karen Fischer" <Karen_Fischer@freenet.richland.oh.us>
wrote:

> *This message was sent using a trial version of CommuniGate(tm) SMTP*
> *This message was sent using a trial version of CommuniGate(tm) FC Gateway*
> Good afternoon,
> Our YA Librarian wants to do a program on comedy through the years and wants
> to use snippets/scenes of TV shows and movies to illustrate.
> I would like opinions, please.
> Would this be considered fair use under the law/guidelines rather than
> needing public performance as she is not showing entire programs or films but
> wants to use a couple of minutes each from various films or programs?
> Thanks,
> Karen Fischer
> AudioVisual Librarian
> Mansfield/Richland County Public Library
> Mansfield, OH

> distributors.

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE

Jessica Rosner