Re: [Videolib] Women directors videography

Tue, 15 May 2007 10:04:06 -0700

--=====================_94012406==.ALT

Yeah...one of the nice things about putting together such lists is that
they reveal (sometimes embarrassing) omissions. Marta and Nell are both on
my "get next fiscal year" list.

Gary

At 09:30 AM 5/15/2007, you wrote:
>Obviously there are tons of mostly newer women directors not there but
>the most glaring omissions I can see from
>A cursory look are Marta Meszaros and Nell Shipman
>

>On 5/14/07 3:06 PM, "Gary Handman" <ghandman@library.berkeley.edu> wrote:
>
>Hullo all
>
>Last week I slapped together a videography of feature films by women
>directors held by UCB MRC ( I couldn't bear the task of compiling a
>similar list of documentaries by women...too too too many).
><http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC/womendirectors.html>http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC/womendirectors.html
>
>Let me know if I've left out anyone egregious. (I realized in putting this
>together that we don't own any Susan Seidelman
><http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0782384/><http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0782384/>
> -- an oversite we're in the process of correcting)
>
>Enjoy!
>
>Gary Handman
>Director
>Media Resources Center
>Moffitt Library
>UC Berkeley
>ghandman@library.berkeley.edu
><http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC>http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC
>
> <http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC> "In societies where modern conditions
> of production prevail, all of life presents itself as an immense
> accumulation of spectacles."
>
>--Guy Debord
>

>Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE
>
>Jessica Rosner
>Kino International
>333 W 39th St. 503
>NY NY 10018
>jrosner@kino.com
>212-629-6880

UC Berkeley

--Guy Debord

Yeah...one of the nice things about putting together such lists is that they reveal (sometimes embarrassing) omissions.  Marta and Nell are both on my "get next fiscal year" list.

Gary

Obviously there are tons of mostly newer women directors not there  but the most glaring omissions I can see from
A cursory look are Marta Meszaros and Nell Shipman

Last week I slapped together a videography of feature films by women directors held by UCB MRC ( I couldn't bear the task of compiling a similar list of documentaries by women...too too too many).
http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC/womendirectors.html

Let me know if I've left out anyone egregious. (I realized in putting this together that we don't own any Susan Seidelman <http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0782384/>  -- an oversite we're in the process of correcting)

Enjoy!

UC Berkeley