Re: [Videolib] Women directors videography

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Tue, 15 May 2007 12:30:46 -0400

--B_3262077047_347608410

Obviously there are tons of mostly newer women directors not there but the
most glaring omissions I can see from
A cursory look are Marta Meszaros and Nell Shipman

On 5/14/07 3:06 PM, "Gary Handman" <ghandman@library.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> Hullo all
>
> Last week I slapped together a videography of feature films by women directors
> held by UCB MRC ( I couldn't bear the task of compiling a similar list of
> documentaries by women...too too too many).
> http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC/womendirectors.html
>
> Let me know if I've left out anyone egregious. (I realized in putting this
> together that we don't own any Susan Seidelman
> <http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0782384/> -- an oversite we're in the process of
> correcting)
>
> Enjoy!
>
> Gary Handman
> Director
> Media Resources Center
> Moffitt Library
> UC Berkeley
> ghandman@library.berkeley.edu
> http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC
>
> <http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC> "In societies where modern conditions of
> production prevail, all of life presents itself as an immense accumulation of
> spectacles."
>
> --Guy Debord

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE

Jessica Rosner
Kino International
333 W 39th St. 503
NY NY 10018
jrosner@kino.com
212-629-6880

--B_3262077047_347608410

Re: [Videolib] Women directors videography Obvio= usly there are tons of mostly newer women directors not there  but the = most glaring omissions I can see from