Re: [Videolib] DVD journals

Thu, 10 May 2007 13:45:50 -0700

Have you looked into Film Movement? http://www.filmmovement.com/index.asp?

Not a journal, but a film club that distributes international indie film on
a subscription basis.

McSweeny's--wonderful and strange post-post-mod literary journal--releases
a DVD of shorts and odd works occasionally (DVD is mysteriously called
Wholphin)
http://www.wholphindvd.com/index.php

Gary

At 01:19 PM 5/10/2007, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
> I am interested in subscribing to journals which collect films together
> and release them on a (quarterly, biannual) DVD - not print!
>
>Currently I subscribe to The Journal of Short Film, which is released as a
>DVD and has a lot of indie short films, and am considering buying a
>subscription to Stash which focuses on motion graphics and advertising.
>Are there other visual film journals like these in existence that I should
>be thinking about getting for a university film research center?
>
>thanks Everyone!
>Julia
>
>--
>Julia Gibbs
>Film Studies Center
>University of Chicago
>as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of
>producers and distributors.

UC Berkeley

--Guy Debord