Re: [Videolib] Help Needed

Wed, 09 May 2007 07:55:50 -0700

--=====================_71319171==.ALT

Hi

Rhetoric.com has dialog from movies, but I'm not certain you can search the
text by keyword.

Seems to me that Sydney/Kasper Gutman did a pretty good job of negotiating
with Sam Spade/Bogie for the black bird in Maltese Falcon

At 09:53 PM 5/8/2007, you wrote:
>Hello, a former classmate posed the following question. She is not on
>VideoLib so I said I would ask all of you wonderful people. If you can
>help her, please reply to her directly. Or, if enough of you are
>interested, I can compile the answers for the rest of the list.
>
>Thanks!
>Laurel Seppala-Etra, MLS
>Boulder Public Library, Boulder, CO
>
>-----------------
>

>From: Michele Masias <shell_masias@yahoo.com>
>Good afternoon!
>I have an attorney who is looking for bits from Monty Python films and old
>Sydney Greenstreet films (specifically scenes/dialog where he bargains
>over something, ideally, in a bazaar) for use in a negotiation training
>session. What he would like to know is if there are any websites that
>have the scenes/dialog of movies that one can search for to find scenes or
>dialog such as this.
>With my background, I have no idea where to even begin to look; but I
>thought that many of you may be familiar with this type of website. If so,
>please share!
>Thanks,
>Michele
>
>I'm thinking about bits from Monty Python films and old Sydney Greenstreet
>films where he bargains over something (ideally, in a bazaar). (The
>subject of the training is negotiation.)
>Also, a more straight-up research question: do you know of any websites
>that have the dialog of movies that I could search to find the scenes I'm
>looking for?

UC Berkeley

--Guy Debord

From: Michele Masias <shell_masias@yahoo.com>
Good afternoon!
[...]

"In societies where modern conditions of production prevail, all of life presents itself as an immense accumulation of spectacles."

--Guy Debord