RE: [Videolib] "This DVD won't play!"

Jen Stutesman (jennifer.stutesman@wwcc.edu)
Thu, 03 May 2007 14:31:20 -0700

------_=_NextPart_26962_00029358.00011478

Actually, Matt, we prefer the three prong approach - 1) I put a "care
sticker" inside the DVD box that says the following:

=E2=98=BBPress center hub until disc clicks up-remove by edges-

DO NOT BEND or PRY

=E2=98=BBHold ONLY by the edges

=E2=98=BBReturn to case when not in use

=E2=98=BBDo not leave in hot areas!

Then, 2) I've set up a cleaning schedule for the library night staff
that they undertake 2 times a week, based on the part of the alphabet:

A-B, Mon. C-D, Thurs. E-F Next Mon - etc... it takes about 5 weeks for
them to get through the whole DVD collection.

Then, I also have a little "comments" sheet inside the box that looks
like this:

Please tell us about any problems you have with this DVD

Date

Comment (skips, freezes, etc.)

Which Chapter?

That last is in HTML, so if it doesn=E2=80=99t come through, let me know, a=
nd I=E2=80=99
ll send you the word doc. The night staff is instructed to give me any
DVD that gets complaints after they=E2=80=99ve tried to clean it. I then se=
nd
them out to be resurfaced and checked for read errors.

This usually catches most problems, and complaints have dropped to
almost nil. Our collection is about 6000, videos and DVDs together.

-jen