Re: [Videolib] title search: Rio 40 Graus & Rio Zona Norte

Brian Boling (brian.boling@vanderbilt.edu)
Thu, 03 May 2007 11:43:41 -0500

Andrea,

Both of these titles were released on video by a company called
Sagres Filmes, but their web site
(<http://www.sagresfilmes.com.br/>) and a superficial knowledge of
the language lead me to believe they are in legal or financial
trouble. In addition, these copies would be unsubtitled.

You might try submitting a query at Riofilme--the Brazilian
government agency with the goal of promoting Cinema Nacional:

<http://www.rio.rj.gov.br/riofilme/site2005/en/index.php>

I don't see either title listed in their catalog, but somebody
there may be able to help.

Brian.

--On Tuesday, May 01, 2007 4:11 PM -0400 Andrea Slonosky
<Andrea.Slonosky@liu.edu> wrote:

> A professor is looking for these 2 titles, both in Portuguese,
> directed by Nelson Peries dos Santos.
>
> As always, any leads appreciated,
>
> Andrea
>
> Andrea Slonosky
> Chair, Library Department
> Media Librarian/Assistant Professor
> Brooklyn Campus Library
> Long Island University
>
> Andrea.Slonosky@liu.edu
> (718) 488-1311
>

> VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion
> of issues relating to the selection, evaluation,
> acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of
> current and evolving video formats in libraries and related
> institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an
> effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel
> of communication between libraries,educational institutions, and
> video producers and distributors.

Brian Boling
Library Assistant
Government Information/Media Services