RE: [Videolib] Audio Visual selection policies

Gerald A. Notaro (notaro@stpt.usf.edu)
Tue, 1 May 2007 12:54:31 -0400 (EDT)

I'm sorry Amanda. I'm sure you and your director are lovely people, but
you ARE censoring with such a restrictive policy. Whether you were there
when the original policy was developed is irrelevant if you are presently
enforcing it. You can't call it a non-issue just because your patrons are
aware of it. The MPAA Rating system was never meant for anything but for
theatrical showings and are misguided at best. They are privately run by a
corporation, not responsible or answerable to anyone, and should not be
dictating public library policy. That is too easy a way out and not fair
to your patrons.

Jerry