RE: [Videolib] Audio Visual selection policies

Blane Halliday (bhalliday@collier-lib.org)
Tue, 1 May 2007 11:39:31 -0400

Mary & List,

We do not have a written policy regarding TV series purchases. We have a
large and growing collection of the series, though. In selecting titles for
purchase, I look at reviews, perceived long term interest, popularity, and
cost. As much as possible, I try to accommodate most customer requests, but
have thus far steered clear of 'reality TV' shows, as I'm doubtful they
would hold the long term interest or popularity or repeat viewings of shows
like 'The Sopranos', 'South Park', or 'The Simpsons'.

development policy not allowing 'R' rated films extends to print media.

Blane Halliday
AV Librarian
Collier County Public Library
2385 Orange Blossom Drive