RE: [Videolib] Audio Visual selection policies

Gerald A. Notaro (notaro@stpt.usf.edu)
Tue, 1 May 2007 10:40:09 -0400 (EDT)

This is a thorny issue at Colleges and Universities. I don't address it in
our written policy, but if a series has been very highly rated and
reviewed, and not accessible except by premium cable or satellite service,
I consider it a valid purchase but NOT a required one. Of course, if a
faculty requests a set for either research or classroom need, I'll order
it, no matter where it had been broadcast.

Jerry