RE: [Videolib] Audio Visual selection policies

Amanda Ros (tsav@jgrls.org)
Tue, 1 May 2007 08:49:32 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C78BF7.8BD87F3E

Cathy,

=20

The only TV series we do not purchase for our 8-branch public system are
things like the Sopranos which are on pay channels like HBO and Cinemax
and Showtime. Our collection development policy does not allow rated R
movies, and some of those series would definitely fall into that
category. We are discussing revising the policy to exclude TV-MA as
well.

=20

A word of advice on processing them, though. We have gone to using the
cases we use for our books on CD for anything with more than 3 discs
because we have not found any cases that hold more than 2 discs that
handle heavy circulation. Those cases made for 4 or more discs are
junk.

=20

We also have the ongoing debate as to whether or not the season should
be split into separate discs or cataloged as 1 item.

=20

Amanda Ros

AV Cataloger

Jackson-George Regional Library