Re: [Videolib] Films on library safety

Barbara Rhodes, Media Consultant, Northeast Texas (medialibrarybird@earthlink.net)
Mon, 30 Apr 2007 10:44:15 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Gail--

We have the Library Safety video in our collection, it is a pretty thorough, if slightly paranoid presentation of security issues, expecially building features (dark hallways, etc.) that staff should be aware of. We got it in 2000 and it was very inexpensive, but in VHS only, I believe. Here is the annotation we put on it:

LIBRARY SAFETY

30 min Live Action Color Video 2000 A Pr
Library staff members need to be aware of the areas in their libraries that can either pose a hazard to their safety and that of their patrons or provide shelters and escape routes. In this presentation, a state police officer discusses building safety, how to spot suspicious persons in the library, various ways of carrying concealed weapons and methods for handling security emergencies.

You might email the West Virgina Library Commission --Website http://www.librarycommission.lib.wv.us/ to see if they still have copies available