Re: [Videolib] ok, if ALA doesn't appreciate us . . .

Grace Agnew (gagnew@rci.rutgers.edu)
Thu, 26 Apr 2007 11:20:56 -0400

--------------020301050108090309000104

If you are not members already of the Association of Moving Image
Archivists, consider joining that group. Many of the members are
librarians. They were active in developing and testing MARC AMIM2
guidelines, among other activities. Membership fees are very
reasonable. There is a lot of cutting edge work with digital video
preservation, etc. going on in that group. www.amianet.org

Grace Agnew

--

Grace Agnew

Associate University Librarian for Digital Library Systems

Rutgers University Libraries

47 Davidson Road

Piscataway, NJ 08854

Phone: 732-445-5908

Fax: 732-445-5888

--------------020301050108090309000104 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"> If you are not members already of the Association of Moving Image Archivists, consider joining that group.  Many of the members are librarians. They were active in developing and testing MARC AMIM2 guidelines, among other activities.  Membership fees are very reasonable.  There is a lot of cutting edge work with digital video preservation, etc. going on in that group.  www.amianet.org

Grace Agnew

--------------020301050108090309000104-- VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distributors. VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distributors.