[Videolib] VRT involvement & surveys

(mtwchk@udel.edu)
Tue, 24 Apr 2007 14:49:36 -0400 (EDT)

It's great to hear that folks are talking about using VRT as a platform for broader action -- I'd encourage anyone interested to get involved. Speaking from experience, it's easiest to do so if you can attend conferences, but there are certainly things that can be done remotely, especially when it comes to advocacy. One position that is currently open is that of Membership Chair (I'm the outgoing one). I've got some proposed plans for mentoring and other outreach ideas; the key is finding someone who'd like to move these ideas forward into action. I'm also involved with VRT in a few other capacities, and it seems that many of the folks I've met at meetings and on the VRT board are heavily committed within VRT and other ALA groups. So, 'new blood' is crucial to expanding initiatives, in my mind.

One project myself and Michael Brewer are working on currently is a pair of surveys pertaining to video librarians and media collections. I've sent these along to videolib, but will do so again in the next day or two as a final appeal to those of you who haven't yet responded. It is our hope that the information collected from these responses will give us all a better picture of where we're at and where we're headed.

Best,

Meghann Matwichuk, M.S.
Senior Assistant Librarian
Morris Library, University of Delaware