RE: [Videolib] Pet peaves with orders from libraries[Scanned]

Mark Kopp (mkopp@iu08.org)
Mon, 23 Apr 2007 15:36:21 -0400

Jessica, Jessica, Jessica,

In the Education world, it's standard procedure. We maintain a database
of vendor's pet peeves, and work tirelessly, to ensure propagation of
these procedures. Please let us know of any other pet peeves, so we can
update our records. If there's a cost associated with any aforementioned
pet peeves, we will need a W-9 for each, as well.

Thank you, your cooperation is greatly appreciated. Please send all
correspondence to the following address or phone/fax...

Mark
Technology Assistant
IT Department
From: owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Jessica Rosner
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2007 2:56 PM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Pet peaves with orders from libraries[Scanned]

Two quick question guys
I often get those standard little PO forms for DVD/VHS orders and in
MANY cases there is NO phone or e mail. I see no reason for me to spend
time returning an order that we no longer carry or never carried
because the library did not check not to mention maybe the title is out
of stock for a while etc. Bottom line if the order has nothing on it for
me to contact them with a problem other than an address than I just toss
it. Why don't ALL of these have phone and or e mail

Second problem. I am just getting snowed over with W=9 forms which would
be OK if I had not done business with the institution in the last year
or two How often do these things have to be done? None of our info has
changed in the last 20 years. Why don't we stay on file ?

In a related problem , I generally will not fill out anything more than
W-9 and perhaps a one page basic info. Beyond that it is NOT worth it to
us for what is often a one item order for $30.

Jessica Rosner
Kino International
333 W 39th St. 503
NY NY 10018