Re: [Videolib] Touch of evil (1958 original cut)

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Mon, 23 Apr 2007 13:02:13 -0400

--B_3260178138_233676773

Um the =B3original=B2 release version would only be good if someone is teachin=
how to screw up a film
It was taken out of Welles=B9 control and drastically cut to 98 minutes. My
collegue who is follow this closely doubts there was ever a video of it as
First restoration was done in 1975 to get the film back to roughly 108
minutes. The 2000 restoration which is probably as close as one will get
To what Welles wanted runs roughly 111 minutes
I doubt that first horrid cut is around at all anymore

On 4/23/07 12:30 PM, "Catherine Michael" <cmichael@ithaca.edu> wrote:

> There are so many revised versions=A0 of Touch of Evil; my library has the
> common 2000 "restored to Orson Welles' vision" distributed by Universal.=A0=
=A0
> Is the original 1958 version still available?=A0 I only see reel formats.=A0 =
Looks
> grim, but I thought I'd ask.
>=20
> Best,
> Cathy
> Ithaca College
>=20
>=20
>=20
> =20
>=20
>=20

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE
=20
Jessica Rosner
Kino International
333 W 39th St. 503
NY NY 10018
jrosner@kino.com
212-629-6880

--B_3260178138_233676773

Re: [Videolib] Touch of evil (1958 original cut) Um th= e “original”  release version would only be good if someone= is teaching how to screw up a film
It was taken out of Welles’ control and drastically cut to 98 minutes= . My collegue who is follow this closely doubts there was ever a video of it= as