RE: [Videolib] Split betwen Audio and Visual?

Bergman, Barbara J (barbara.bergman@mnsu.edu)
Wed, 11 Apr 2007 14:54:00 -0500

In order to get a large enough membership to have a viable group of
active members, I'd include all who work with non-print formats. Make
it a media round table.

Barb Bergman | Media Services Librarian | Minnesota State University,
Mankato | (507) 389-5945 | barbara.bergman@mnsu.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of
MichaelMay.5652831@bloglines.com
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2007 2:20 PM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Split betwen Audio and Visual?

My colleagues and I have been trying to establish a Video Round Table in
Iowa:

http://www.iowalibrarian.com/vrt/

Recently, I was asked why our efforts
are not including all A/V material, as traditionally done in the past.
For
example, our state association had A/V committees and A/V sections from
the
1960s to 1980s.

In the 2000s, I work with videos but not audio, I read
Video Librarian reviews, subscribe to VideoLib and VideoNews, and seek
guidance
from ALA's Video Round Table.

I thought maybe the increasing legitimacy
and accessibility of video collections in libraries from the 80s to the
00s
contributed to some sort of split between A and V. Does this make sense?
Any
thoughts about this?

Thanks.

Mike in Dubuque